Vegan pancakes are so easy to make and taste delicious. We’ve created a quick and simple recipe below, just in time for Pancake Day!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp custard powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 cup soya milk
- 6 tbsp whipped aquafaba
- Using a clean bowl and hand-whisk, whip the aquafaba for about 1 minute until it resembles white foam
- In another bowl place self raising flour, custard powder and sugar
- Whisk in soya milk just enough to remove lumps
- Using a large metal spoon, fold in 6 tbsp of the whipped aquafaba
- Heat a non-stick pancake pan using a very little sunflower oil
- Place spoonfuls of the mix into the hot pan and leave for 1 min before turning (keep the heat to medium as they can easily burn)
- Refresh oil and repeat
Serve with your choice of toppings (maple syrup is a must) and enjoy! To make the thinner french crepes – use more soya milk for a thinner batter. The batter will keep in the fridge for several hours before use.