The Victoria Sponge Bake Month – June 2016
2016 marks the third annual Victoria Sponge Bake Month! In the last year of Victoria’s life she grew to love baking, the joy it brought her and the people she shared her treats with. With this June coinciding with the Queen’s 90th birthday celebrations, we could not think of a more fitting way to get the country into the spirit of summer, than a nationwide bake of the cake of her namesake- Victoria Sponge. The baking will raise vital funds for young women with cancer. Taking part is simple:
- Hold a Tea Party inviting each of your friends that enjoy a slice of cake to make a £3 donation
- Take a cake into work and ask for a donation for each piece shared with a colleague
- Make Victoria’s Promise the appointed beneficiary at local village Tea Parties
- Hold an Afternoon Tea Party on the 12th June to celebrate the Queens 90th birthday
- Own a shop or cafe? Donate a £ per slice to Victoria’s Promise during Bake Week
- Or simply bake a cake, share it with friends and each make a contribution
And together, we can bake a difference in the battle against cancer.
You can either set up a fundraising page for your event by clicking here
donate what you collect by clicking here
or ask for text donations – simply text – VSBM26 £3 (or preferred amount) to 70070
If you’d like to partner with the Victoria Sponge Bake Month please get in touch with Sophie on 07554442868 or firstname.lastname@example.org today! Thank you.
Not Sure how to bake a Victoria Sponge?
SHARE YOUR PICS WITH US!
We want to see your Victoria Sponge Pictures, your creations and you enjoying them with your friends, family and co-workers! Take to social media and use the tag:
During the Victoria Sponge Bake Week The Tea Bar in Basingstoke will be donating £1 from ever slice of Victoria sponge sold!
During the whole month of June, the Oxfordshire Pantry at Blenheim Palace will be donating 50p for every slice of Victoria’s Sponge sold!
TO TEXT DONATE SIMPLY TEXT - VSBM26 £3 (or preferred amount) to 70070
Here are some of our favourite cakes from 2014 and 2015